Welcome back to Hang 10 with Birdie, where we catch up with friends Birdwell has made along the way, in and out of the water. This week, we’re dropping in and taking a trip with psychedelic rockers, surfers, and de facto Byron Bay ambassadors The Babe Rainbow. Hailing from Australia’s free-spirited, year-round surf haven to the east, Angus, Jack, Elliot, and Louise play the kind of music that makes us feel like we’ve locked in a radio broadcast directly from 1965—lounging on the International Space Station. We’re hoping they’ll reveal the secrets behind their far-out magic, but we’ll be content just to take our shoes off and groove.
1) What's your super power?
Playing in the key of j #
2) Would you rather be invisible or be able to fly?
Launch that shit
3) If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
At home on my blue mountain
4) If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your days, which one would it be?
Steve miller band: The Vault
5) Guilty pleasure?
Chick Flicks and Instagram
6) What’s in your car trunk (or van or wagon) right now?
An upright, a lap steel, an old wooden table, 9 wetsuits, theres a bunch of weird shit back there…
7) Dawn patrol or sunset session?
Whenever you're not out
8) Any pre-surf rituals you MUST do?
Can’t talk about those
9) Coolest animal you’ve bumped into out in the water?
Kristofski (Sam Kristofski)
10) Best memory in Birdwells?
Low tide at the pass all my friends were there
Stay up to date on The Babe Rainbow and their tour schedule HERE.