Last Revised: October 2, 2017
When we use the term “Personal Information” in this policy, it means any information related to an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title, business address, or telephone number of an employee of an organization. We will keep your Personal Information accurate, complete and up-to-date with the information that you provide to us. If you request access to your Personal Information, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as allowed by law, and provide you access to that information.
Our online store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service or Privacy Statement.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect Personal Information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you access and use the Website and Services, such as when you register for an account, access certain features or content, or order or pay for products;
- Social networks through which you may access the Website and Services or otherwise interact with us; and
- Our related entities, affiliates, service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
The Personal Information we may collect about you may include, without limitation:
- Contact information, such as name, company name, shipping and billing address, email address, and phone number;
- Login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers; and
- Payment and financial information, such as cardholder name, billing address, payment card number, expiration date, and authentication code.
We may enable you to log into the Website and Services using a social media account, and if you do so you may be asked to grant us access to certain information from your social media profile, such as your friends or contacts lists, photographs, status and updates. Social media networks operate independently from BIRDWELL BEACH BRITCHES, and we are not responsible for social media networks’ interfaces or privacy or security practices. Please refer to the privacy settings of the applicable social media platform or application to determine how you may manage the interactivity between BIRDWELL BEACH BRITCHES and your social media account.
In addition, if you access and use the Website and Services on a mobile device and your mobile device’s settings allow it, we may collect information about your real-time location. Please see the “Your Choices” section below for information regarding how to limit the location information that we may collect when you access and use the Website and Services on a mobile device.
When you use the Website and Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Certain features of the Website and Services may use local shared objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and how you interact with the Website and Services. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about use of the Website and Services and user traffic. The information we may collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Website and Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, network connection, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Website and Services (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor); and
- Information on actions taken when using the Website and Services (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
The information we collect helps us to improve and personalize our Website and Services, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users, and to help answer any questions you may have.
3. THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your Personal Information will be handled by these providers. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
One such third-party provider is an online user experience tool called Hotjar we use to continually improve your user experience on our site. You can read Hotjar's Privacy Statement to learn about their privacy policies.
5. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Process orders you place and complete other transactions you have requested using the Website and Services, and provide you with products and services you request;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about our products, offers, and promotions and third party products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies, including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the products and transactions conducted using the website;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
6. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose Personal Information about you:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BIRDWELL BEACH BRITCHES, users of the Website and Services, or others
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures; and
- With your consent.
7. Data Security
We have implemented measures intended to protect your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
8. Your Choices
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies and cookie management tools available in a web browser may not remove Flash cookies. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Website and Services. Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
If you do not want us to use your email address/contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by logging into your account and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have received a promotional email from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email.
You may be able to opt out of customized ads by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, and the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. If you use our website without opting out, this means that you understand and agree to data collection for the purpose of providing you with remarketing ads.
If you access our Website and Services using a mobile device, you may adjust the settings on your mobile device to allow or prevent the sharing of location information. For example, you can disable “Location” (or “Location Services” on iOS-based devices) on your mobile device to prevent sharing your location information with us. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your mobile device to learn how to adjust your mobile device settings. Please note that if you disable the sharing of location information, you may be unable to access some features of our Website and Services that are designed for mobile devices.
Although we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising or other targeted content, a number of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements from members of the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
9. Accessing and CHANGING Your Information
You can review and change the Personal Information associated with your account by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
10. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website and Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Birdwell Beach Britches, Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer, 2129 S. Wright St., Santa Ana, CA, 92705, United States.
11. Children Under the Age of 13
The Website and Services are not directed to, and BIRDWELL BEACH BRITCHES does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at: email@example.com.
13. Data Transfers
Birdwell Beach Britches is based in the State of California in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Website and Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
14. Contact Us