All the style and features you love. 50% more stripe.
From the earliest surf club competition jackets to rallying, touring cars leading the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the three-stripe design has been a staple. Inspired to reimagine our jackets with a third stripe, we looked through our archives to find classic colorways that are as stylish today as the day they were originally issued.
The Racing Jacket is our tribute to the connection between surf and hot rodding dating back to the 60’s, and to the classic car culture that still thrives in California to this day. Built from our ultra-durable SurfNyl like the Competition Jacket, its design calls to mind a racing suit, with a versatile band collar that wears well with any shirt and reduces flapping at high speeds. Cut and sewn by expert craftspeople in Santa Ana, California, it also features a double zipper for mid-cruise adjustments and vertical stripes, which — naturally — make it faster.
For the Limited-Edition issue, in addition to 50% more stripe and our standard side pockets, we included an oversized, signature Birdwell wax pocket on the front right panel. Perfect for easy access to all your essential carry items – be they wallet and phone or sunglasses and racing gloves.
- Features: Band collar. Double brass zipper enclosure. Contrast stripes. Oversized, signature Birdwell wax pocket on front right panel. Working buttons on cuff. Birdwell woven label on beck left hem. Pre-washed for softness and a worn-in look.
- Fit: Birdwell jackets are designed to be slim fit. Order one size up if you prefer a looser fit.
- Fabric: Body and liner layers made of Birdwell’s proprietary 2-ply SurfNyl for durability and comfort.
- Construction: Double-stitched with high-strength nylon thread. Hand cut and sewn in Santa Ana, CA.
- Care: Machine wash on gentle cycle. Hang dry only.