Adventure shorts purpose-built for a sailboat captain and primed for amphibious exploration. In SurfStretch.
When we say "purpose-built" we really mean it. We knew we wanted to craft the perfect shorts for situations when board shorts are impractical, but it wasn’t until we met sailboat captain Marco Castelli of the 30.65m carbon fiber XNOI that everything came into focus. Sailing the Mediterranean year-round with a small crew and up to 12 guests, Captain Castelli needed a pair that could go from downtime at port to evasive maneuvers in mere moments — the perfect “Swiss Army short.”
Our Tactical Walk Short grew from there, and now, with the addition of SurfStretch, they’re more mobile and versatile than ever. If you only want to carry one pair, this is it — designed with a secure utility pocket for an iPhone or passport, a reinforced rear belt loop for a 2-way radio, a cargo pocket for a multi-tool or other gear, and a quick-drying seat made of ultra-durable SurfNyl with reinforcements at key wear points. In our Santa Ana factory, where they’re double-needle stitched by expert craftspeople, they’re also kitted out with adjustable fit tabs that happen to be perfect for tucking in your shirt during serious winds. The result isn’t just another walk short, it’s a lifetime companion that sails through the seasons like they were born to — on land, sea, or air.
- Features: SurfNyl reinforced seat and interior pockets. Adjustable side tabs with 3M reflective tape tips. Utility pocket big enough to fit an iPhone 7+. Cargo pocket, stainless hardware, and military spec buttons. Low profile, black Birdwell Woven Label.
- Fit: Adjustable velcro side tabs mean you can comfortably wear at the waist or on your hips. See fit guidance and size range when you select S,M,L, XL or XXL above.
- Fabric: SurfStretch (90% Spandex / 10% Nylon) with SurfNyl (100% Nylon) reinforcements.
- Construction: Double-needle topstitched, reinforced seams. Clean finished sewing. Hand cut and sewn in Santa Ana, CA.
- Care: Machine wash cold. No bleach. Hang dry only.