Our competition jacket has been part of the Birdwell tradition for over 50 years. A favorite of surfers and surf teams, the comp jacket has been appropriated by street racers and car clubs for its classic style, build quality, and great look.
In a nod to SoCal car culture, the Racing Jacket’s design is evocative of a racing suit. It features a band collar that both wears well with any shirt type and reduces flapping at high speeds, a double zipper to adjust fit for a seated position while driving or riding, and vertical stripes, which naturally make it faster.
- Features: Band collar. Double brass zipper enclosure. Contrast stripes in orange and white. Signature Birdwell wax pocket with key loop and interior drain hole. Working buttons on cuff. Pre-washed for softness and a worn-in look.
- Fit: Birdwell jackets are designed to be slim fit. Order one size up if you prefer a looser fit.
- Fabric: Body and liner layers made of Birdwell’s proprietary 2-ply SurfNyl for durability and comfort.
- Construction: Double-stitched with high-strength nylon thread. Hand cut and sewn in Santa Ana, CA.
- Care: Machine wash on gentle cycle. Hang dry only.