A durable, spacious SurfNyl carry-all for the beach, pool, or office.
We’ve been making our rugged Nylon Tote since the beginnings of Birdwell. As a mother herself, Carrie Birdwell recognized that parents and day-trippers alike would need a durable way to carry their gear to and from the beach, day after day. Naturally, she built Birdwell’s first totes from the toughest thing on hand — our proprietary SurfNyl, the same found in our Board Shorts and Competition Jackets.
Our newest Nylon Tote is our best yet, born of 55 years of experience, extensive field testing, and, of course, feedback from our customers. While backpacks can sometimes feel bulky and over-designed, our tote is perfectly sized for your daily carry, whether you’re heading to the beach or the office. We’ve added an interior patch pocket that easily accommodates a phone and wallet as well as a stainless steel snap hook designed to attach to our Gear Bag — for those times when you need a little more storage. With double-layered nylon handles and shoulder strap and robust double-needle top-stitching for incredible durability over the years, you’ll be carrying more than you thought possible.
- Features: Interior stainless steel snap hook with a self-closing gate mechanism. Originally designed sailboat rigging, the hook will keep things right where you left them — including our Gear Bag. 6x9 inch interior pocket divided into two pouches. Interior drawcord key loop. Heritage SurfNyl comp stripes sewn to front and back panels. Signature Birdwell back pocket with pearl button located on back panel.
- Dimensions: 15 ¼" H x 17 ¾" W.
- Fabric: 100% built with Birdwell’s proprietary SurfNyl fabric time-tested to withstand the wear of a life spent in the sun and sand.
- Construction: Contrast stitching, double-needle top-stitching on exterior pocket and side seams and clean-finished single-needle detail on stripes, straps, interior pockets, and hem. Hand cut and sewn in Santa Ana, California.
- Care: Hand wash. Line dry only.