A badge of honor for more than 50 years returns in a tough, fade-loving canvas. Limited release.
Sturdy, hardy cotton canvas has been a Birdwell favorite for years. When we re-introduced our classic Competition Jacket in 8.5oz canvas a few years back, the warm reception it received was more than enough to convince us that our customers love it too. This year, we’ve brought the handsome outer layer back with a few notable improvements, including new triple-stitching on the shoulder and arm holes for even more durability and ruggedness.
The Men’s Limited-Edition Canvas Jacket holds true to the original design Ms. Birdwell created so many years back, adjusted with a slightly slimmer cut for a more modern fit. Pre-washed for lived-in softness and to give that perfect patina a head start, each one is built by expert craftspeople in Santa Ana, California, just like our Board Shorts. Tough enough for knocking around in the garage but purpose-built for the beach, this one is a surefire style staple.
- Features: 8.5oz Navy canvas with white competition stripes. Brass zipper closure. Signature Birdwell wax pocket on left chest. Rubber buttons. Birdwell woven label on back left hem. Pre-washed for softness and a worn-in look.
- Fit: Birdwell jackets are designed to be slim fit. Order one size up if you prefer a looser fit.
- Fabric: Rugged cotton canvas for durability and comfort, pre-washed for softness.
- Construction: Double-stitched with high-strength, with dyed-to-match topstitching and more robust triple-stitching on shoulders and arm holes. Hand cut and sewn in Santa Ana, CA.
- Care: Machine wash on gentle cycle. Hang dry only.