A new classic that lives up to Birdwell’s high quality standards.
After countless requests from customers and friends to craft a version of our 311 board shorts with stretch, we finally found SurfStretch — a four-way stretch fabric strong enough to hold its own against our legendarily tough SurfNyl.
The 808 board short, whose name honors surfing’s Hawaiian roots, is a modernized version of Ms. Birdwell’s original design, built in versatile, motion-friendly SurfStretch. Sewn from a single layer of woven microfiber by expert craftspeople in Santa Ana, California, the 808 is lighter, softer and more mobile than our other shorts — without sacrificing the rugged durability that’s made Birdwell an icon of classic surf style. With a simple button fly, a tab closure for an adjustable fit, and timelessly appealing contrast stitch, these shorts are built to move, wherever the sun takes you.
- Features: Triple lace closure with nickel plated grommets. Birdie woven label on center back of waistband. Signature Birdwell wax pocket with key loop and interior drain hole. Nylon drawcord. Button fly with clear buttons.
- Fit: Medium length. Outseams range between 17” – 21” depending on your waist size. Sits slightly lower on the waist than SurfNyl boardshorts. Stretch fabric means there will be some give in the waist. Tab closure allows for minor adjustments in fit.
- Fabric: Single layer of Birdwell SurfStretch – Woven Microfiber Polyester with Spandex.
- Construction: Fail-safe, clean-finished double- and triple-stitched seams. Hand cut and sewn in Santa Ana, CA.
- Care: Machine wash cold. No Bleach. HANG DRY ONLY.