A new classic that lives up to Birdwell’s high quality standards. In Camo.
After countless requests from customers and friends to craft a version of our 311 board shorts with stretch, we finally found SurfStretch — a four-way stretch nylon strong enough to hold its own against our legendarily tough SurfNyl.
The 808 board short, whose name honors surfing’s Hawaiian roots, is a modernized version of Ms. Birdwell’s original design, built in versatile, motion-friendly SurfStretch. Sewn from a single layer of nylon by expert craftspeople in Santa Ana, California, the 808 is lighter, softer and more mobile than our other shorts — without sacrificing the rugged durability that’s made Birdwell an icon of classic surf style. The frog skin camo pattern is based on the original disruptive coloration pattern used by the Marine Raiders, an elite unit established by the United States Marine Corps during WWII to conduct amphibious warfare behind enemy lines. Whether you’re planning a strategic strike on a locals-only spot or just turning up the style at your local break, our 808 board short in camo is key ammunition in any board short quiver.
- Features: Triple lace closure with brass plated grommets. Birdie woven label on center back of waistband. Signature Birdwell wax pocket with key loop and interior drain hole. Nylon drawcord. Button fly with clear buttons.
- Fit: Medium length. Outseams range between 17” – 21” depending on your waist size. Sits slightly lower on the waist than SurfNyl boardshorts. Stretch fabric means there will be some give in the waist. Tab closure allows for minor adjustments in fit.
- Fabric: Single layer of Frog Skin Camo Birdwell SurfStretch – Woven Micro Fiber Polyester with Spandex.
- Construction: Fail safe clean finished double- and triple-stitched seams. Hand cut and sewn in Santa Ana, CA.
- Care: Machine wash cold. No Bleach. HANG DRY ONLY.