Combining the Birdwell tradition of camouflage as a classic with our lightweight and durable SurfStretch fabric, we are stoked to introduce 808 Board Shorts in Frog Skin Camo.
You, our customers, responded positively to last year’s introduction of 808 Board Shorts, delivering in 4-way SurfStretch the timeless design and purpose-built features we developed in SurfNyl over the last 55 years. The overwhelming customer feedback we received was to expand the color way offering.
After navy and black, Camo is the 3rd most popular color in our SurfNyl collection, so we knew Camo was the right choice to add to our 808 lineup. The frog skin camo pattern is based on the original disruptive coloration pattern used by the Marine Raiders, an elite unit established by the United States Marine Corps during WWII, to conduct amphibious warfare behind enemy lines.
Whether you’re planning a strategic strike on a locals-only spot or just wanting to turn up the style at your local break, 808 Board Shorts in Camo are the perfect addition to board short quiver.
- Features: Triple lace closure with brass plated grommets. Birdie woven label on center back of waistband. Signature Birdwell wax pocket with key loop and interior drain hole. Nylon drawcord. Button fly with clear buttons.
- Fit: Medium length. Outseams range between 17” – 21” depending on your waist size. Sits slightly lower on the waist than SurfNyl boardshorts. Stretch fabric means there will be some give in the waist. For odd sizes, order one size down. Tab closure allows for minor adjustments in fit.
- Fabric: Single layer of Frog Skin Camo Birdwell SurfStretch – Woven Micro Fiber Polyester with Spandex.
- Construction: Fail safe clean finished double- and triple-stitched seams. Hand cut and sewn in Santa Ana, CA.
- Care: Machine wash cold. No Bleach. HANG DRY ONLY.