A new classic that lives up to Birdwell’s high quality standards. Now in a fun, eye-catching print.
Legendary golden-ager Phil Edwards once said “the best surfer in the world is the guy having the most fun.” In time for National Polka Dot Day, our Santa Ana factory has crafted a new style of our beloved 808 Board Shorts sure to keep fun levels rising steadily. The standout print is the perfect way to add a little stylish mischief to your quiver and to stand out in a crowded lineup.
The 808, whose name honors surfing’s Hawaiian roots, is a modernized version of Ms. Birdwell’s original design built in versatile, motion-friendly SurfStretch — a four-way stretch polyester strong enough to hold its own against our legendarily tough SurfNyl. Sewn from a single layer of woven polyester by expert craftspeople in California, the 808 is lighter, softer and more flexible — without sacrificing the rugged durability that’s made Birdwell an icon of classic surf style. With a simple button fly, a tab closure for an adjustable fit, and timelessly appealing contrast stitch, these shorts are built to move, wherever the sun takes you.
- Features: Triple lace closure with nickel plated grommets. Birdie woven label on center back of waistband. Signature Birdwell wax pocket with key loop and interior drain hole. Nylon drawcord. Button fly with clear buttons.
- Fit: Medium length. Outseams range between 17” – 21” depending on your waist size. Sits slightly lower on the waist than SurfNyl boardshorts. Stretch fabric means there will be some give in the waist. Tab closure allows for minor adjustments in fit. For odd waist sizes, select one size down. For even sizes, select your usual size.
- Fabric: Single layer of Birdwell SurfStretch – Woven Microfiber Polyester with Spandex.
- Construction: Fail safe clean finished double- and triple-stitched seams. Hand cut and sewn in Santa Ana, CA.
- Care: Machine wash cold. No Bleach. HANG DRY ONLY.