A modern icon, subtly refined over half a century of surf and sun. Medium length. Now in archive-inspired colors with contrasting waist bands and hem.
From surfing’s beginnings in Hawaii to today’s top talent and for all the weekend warriors in between, the importance of style has been a constant. We went back to Birdwell’s own original designs during surfing's early days for inspiration and emerged with our new White Tips — classically styled 311 Board Shorts with a modern fit. Built in a trio of period-correct colors with contrast waist bands and tips that harken back to a golden age when the top of the wave was the top of the world, we like to think a pair of these would have The Duke beaming his famous smile.
The 311 Limited-Edition White Tips Board Shorts are a medium-length version of Ms. Birdwell’s original design — lightly modernized and improved over more than 50 years of field testing by lifeguards and surfers who depend on their Birdies to last a lifetime of waves. Each pair of our 311 board shorts is hand cut from our proprietary SurfNyl and sewn by expert craftspeople in Santa Ana, California. With a simple button fly, a tab closure for an adjustable fit, and contrast waistband with horizontal “tips” at the hem, these are as smooth as a newly polished board.
- Features: Contrast waistband with 1” horizontal “tips” at hem. Triple lace closure with nickel plated grommets. Birdie woven label on center back of waistband. Contrast SurfNyl lining. Signature Birdwell wax pocket with key loop and interior drain hole. Nylon drawcord. Button fly with Mil-Spec buttons.
- Fit: Medium length. Outseams range between 17” – 21” depending on your waist size.
- Fabric: SurfNyl exterior and lining for strength, comfort, and durability.
- Construction: Fail safe clean finished double- and triple-stitched seams. Hand cut and sewn in Santa Ana, CA.
- Care: Machine wash cold. No Bleach. HANG DRY ONLY.