A modern icon, subtly refined over half a century of surf and sun. Medium length. Limited edition inspired by the magic hour on the California coast.
No one can deny the awesome power of a beautiful sunset — especially one that follows a long day of enjoyment in the sand and surf. In tribute to this magic moment and those final waves we’ve caught in its electrifying light, we decided to craft a limited pair of our 311 Board Shorts with our first-ever multi-color top stitching. Add a deep blue SurfNyl exterior (the sea), orange lining (the sun) and a limited “Sunset” patch on the left leg, and we’d like to think these are worthy of the real thing.
The 311 LE Sunset Board Shorts are a medium-length version of Ms. Birdwell’s original design — lightly modernized and improved over more than 50 years of field testing by lifeguards and surfers who depend on their Birdies to last a lifetime of waves. Each pair of our 311 board shorts is hand cut from our proprietary SurfNyl and sewn by expert craftspeople in Santa Ana, California. With a simple button fly, a tab closure for an adjustable fit, and contrast stitching in orange and yellow, these’ll last for a lifetime of sand, surf, and beautiful sunsets.
- Features: Triple lace closure with nickel plated grommets. Birdie woven label on center back of waistband. Orange and yellow contrast top stitching. Contrast SurfNyl lining. Signature Birdwell wax pocket with key loop and interior drain hole. Nylon drawcord. Button fly with clear buttons. Sunset patch.
- Fit: Medium length. Outseams range between 17” – 21” depending on your waist size. Tab closure allows for minor adjustments in fit.
- Fabric: SurfNyl exterior and lining for strength, comfort, and durability.
- Construction: Fail safe clean finished double- and triple-stitched seams. Hand cut and sewn in Santa Ana, CA.
- Care: Machine wash cold. No Bleach. HANG DRY ONLY.