A modern icon, subtly refined over half a century of surf and sun. Medium length. Limited edition with classic 3 stripe design.
We’ve said it before: good things come in threes. To complement our 3 Stripe Competition and Racing jackets, we decided to craft a pair of our 311 board shorts with three stripes instead of two. A staple design on the earliest competition shorts and jackets, the extra stripe only goes in one direction: to the front of the pack.
The 311 LE 3 Stripe Board Shorts are a medium-length version of Ms. Birdwell’s original design — lightly modernized and improved over more than 50 years of field testing by lifeguards and surfers who depend on their Birdies to last a lifetime of waves. Each pair of our 311 board shorts is hand cut from our proprietary SurfNyl and sewn by expert craftspeople in Santa Ana, California. With a simple button fly, a tab closure for an adjustable fit, and all the durability you expect from Birdwell board shorts, these are a classic of surf style — now with 50% more stripe.
- Features: 3 Vertical racing stripes on left leg. Triple lace closure with nickel plated grommets. Birdie woven label on center back of waistband. Contrast SurfNyl lining. Signature Birdwell wax pocket with key loop and interior drain hole. Nylon drawcord. Button fly with clear buttons. Limited-Edition Sunset patch.
- Fit: Medium length. Outseams range between 17” – 21” depending on your waist size. Tab closure allows for minor adjustments in fit.
- Fabric: SurfNyl exterior and lining for strength, comfort, and durability.
- Construction: Fail safe clean finished double- and triple-stitched seams. Hand cut and sewn in Santa Ana, CA.
- Care: Machine wash cold. No Bleach. HANG DRY ONLY.