Birdwell’s original style, updated with a modern fit and conveniences.
You can’t argue with a classic, but you can make it even better. We get requests for our original board shorts styles every day, so we looked back to our archives to craft a pair of 305s, our founder Carrie Birdwell Mann’s original design, that would live up to modern demands. A timeless style with a classic 1” waistband and short length, the 305 brings the best of the golden age into today.
Just like way back when, each pair of our 305 LE Board Shorts is hand cut from our proprietary SurfNyl and sewn by expert craftspeople in Santa Ana, California. With an updated velcro fly for easy on/off, a tab closure for an adjustable fit, and a contrast lining, it’s safe to say we expect these to gain a cult following of their own.
- Features: Narrow 1” waistband. Single lace closure with nickel plated grommets. Birdie woven label on center back of waistband. Signature Birdwell wax pocket with key loop and interior drain hole. Nylon drawcord. Button fly with clear buttons.
- Fit: Short length. Outseams range between 12.75” – 16.5” depending on waist size.
- Fabric: SurfNyl exterior and lining for strength, comfort, and durability.
- Construction: Fail safe clean finished double- and triple-stitched seams. Hand cut and sewn in Santa Ana, CA.
- Care: Machine wash cold. No Bleach. HANG DRY ONLY.