E-commerce Merchandising Manager
Birdwell Beach Britches is looking for a full-time E-commerce Merchandising Manager to join our team. Our goal is to create a best-in-class, mobile first/best, digital experience throughout every phase of the customer lifecycle. Success requires an enthusiastic understanding of our consumers, our product, our brand, our partners, and our technology platform capabilities and results in an unparalleled shopping experience and E-commerce sales.
This role will be a blend of E-commerce and product merchandising functions where success depends on a passion for user experience and an understanding of what drives E-commerce sales complemented by a deep interest in the apparel business and understanding of market trends, innovation, competition, and product details. The E-commerce Merchandising Manager will play a central role in the website roadmap development and will own managing its execution, delivering compelling, on-brand, and performant shopping experiences. As an expert on how our customers shop, the person will also advocate for the needs of our customers and will lead the effort to align our online product offering with customer preferences.
This position presents an opportunity to work on both strategic, long-term plans as well as to manage the tactical, day-to-day elements of our online presence. This role will work with every key business function including: Apparel, Creative, Marketing, Retail Stores, Customer Service, and Operations.The ideal candidate is innovative, enthusiastic, and customer-obsessed with creative problem-solving skills and the ability to effectively prioritize and drive results. This person will have demonstrated skill with technical tools and processes through website management, digital marketing, advanced data analysis, and/or other relevant experience. This person will also be passionate, organized, and comfortable managing multiple cross-functional projects at once and excelling in a self-led, fast-paced, startup environment.
- Digital Product Development: Drive innovation, definition, deliverable planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new website features to achieve E-commerce and company goals.
- Digital Shopping Experience: Use data & analytics along with a strong understanding of company strategic initiatives to build comprehensive, targeted, dynamic, and creative digital shopping experiences across all relevant platforms.
- Merchandising: Develop and implement seasonal online merchandise strategy and assortment plan for all categories and dimensions including breadth, depth, price-point, revenue / unit forecasts, margin targets, and segmentation strategy.
- P/L Management: Run the site like a retail store, working with Operations team to manage inventory levels, making OTB decisions on product assortment, and managing the online P&L.
- Solution Delivery Management: Define business objectives, develop timelines and KPI’s, and lead a matrixed, cross-functional team to meet milestones for all E-commerce marketing and merchandising initiatives.
- Reporting: Define, aggregate, analyze, and distill key performance metrics on an ongoing basis to develop business cases for guiding future recommendations; including website enhancements andproduct sales data (e.g. sell-through velocity, units, returns, marketplace data, etc.).
- E-commerce Subject Matter Expertise: Remain current with evolving E-commerce and technology trends, explore new and effective enhancements that will improve site experiences to lift user traffic, engagement, and conversion.
- Customer Journey Insights: Understand the user journey through the website from their first click to checkout and reengagement, evangelizing the needs and opportunities to consistently improve customer experience.
- Vendor Management: Manage key vendor relationships through selection, onboarding, renewals, and ongoing tracking/reporting touch points.
- BA/S or higher degree with 7+ years of E-commerce product management and merchandising experience, ideally in fashion, apparel, or consumer retail.
- Deep knowledge of market trends, innovation, competition, and product details.
- Strong interest in apparel industry with demonstrated understanding of our brand aesthetic and understanding of current trends might be applied to product offering.
- Experience in lifecycle marketing with an emphasis on driving revenue for an e-commerce retail brand is preferred.
- Familiar with E-commerce and acquisition channels including but not limited to Shopify, Google (AdWords, Display Network, YouTube, Shopping), Facebook, Twitter, Klaviyo, Amazon, eBay, etc.
- Analytical and metrics-driven with a creative side. Ability to take vast amounts of data, to recognize patterns, and to identify key opportunities that support business goals.
- Ability to jump in, quickly set up a plan to achieve desired outcomes, and be incredibly diligent in managing its execution.
- Comfort with advanced Excel and/or web analytics tools (Shopify, Glew, Google Analytics, Facebook, etc.) and be experienced in making data-driven recommendations.
- Experience managing successful programs that improve acquisition, retention, and website optimization.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, especially with creative and development teams managing concepts from beginning to end.
- Must effectively provide and receive excellent constructive criticism, enjoying all aspects of a performance-driven culture where feedback is integral to achieving success as a team.
- Must be self-motivated, hard-working, well organized, detail-oriented and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
- Live by principle of extreme ownership, exhibiting a high level of personal responsibility for quality work deliverables.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Must be excited to collaborate with excellent ability to effectively communicate ideas verbally and in writing.
If you are qualified and interested in the position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.