Birdwell Beach Britches is looking for a full-time, in-house Copywriter to join our marketing team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and writing creative, compelling, and brand-appropriate content that supports a range of marketing objectives. Success requires an enthusiastic understanding of our consumers, our product, our brand, our partners, and our technology platform capabilities and results in stronger brand health metrics, increased traffic, engagement, and conversion rates across all channels with a focus on digital marketing.
- Partner with leadership and cross-functional team members to increase Birdwell’s brand awareness, relevance, and product marketing performance by writing and distributing high volume of compelling content.
- Develop ideas and write headlines, sub-headlines, calls to action, subject lines, long-form essays for marketing materials to be distributed via the website, email, social media, and digital advertising that support marketing priorities.
- Write creative product descriptions for the website, seamlessly blending editorial and technical information and utilizing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices, to effectively persuade the customer to purchase.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to translate product, operational, and sales information into marketing-friendly copy.
- Partner with creative team members and leadership to improve overall effectiveness of marketing by adding new ideas and approaches, applying a storyteller’s sense of narrative whenever possible.
- Self-edit and proofread copy to ensure that the content supports marketing objectives, speaks to the target audience, and is consistent, grammatically correct, and uses the appropriate brand voice.
- Develop an in-house style guide for Birdwell’s brand voice.
- The ideal candidate has an artist’s soul combined with a worker’s compulsion to produce. We’re looking for someone who is early in his/her career with fine art sensibilities who also wants to fully understand how creative supports business operations. Someone who can find and maintain the balance between art and commerce.
- BA or higher degree with 5+ years of experience as a copywriter or in content development related roles.
- Experienced storyteller who can quickly generate themes and ideas and turn them into content that successfully makes an emotional connection with customers.
- Solid understanding of writing techniques for a variety of objectives and mediums including website copy, email newsletters, digital advertising, blog posts, contributed pieces, and press releases.
- Impeccable grammar and punctuation skills and the ability to translate complex topics into easy-to-read content while maintaining high standards for readability and factual correctness.
- The ability to quickly research a topic and produce engaging and relevant content.
- Experienced in SEO/SEM copywriting techniques.
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects of varying scope, at times with conflicting priorities.
- Must be self-motivated, hard-working, well organized, and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
- Must welcome constructive criticism and enjoy all aspects of the creative process.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required aspects of productivity apps such as Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, and Google Apps. Familiarity with E-commerce platforms like Shopify preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for describing, promoting, and selling products or services. Digital marketing and eCommerce experience preferred.
- Must be excited to collaborate with an excellent ability to effectively communicate ideas verbally and in writing.