Birdwell Beach Britches is looking for a full-time, in-house Art Director to help lead our marketing team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the development and execution of creative and marketing assets from conception to production, under the direction of the Creative Director. Success requires an enthusiastic understanding of our consumers, our product, our brand, our partners, and our technology platform capabilities and results in stronger brand health metrics, increased traffic, engagement, and conversion rates across all channels with a focus on digital marketing.
- Partner with leadership and team members across departments to increase Birdwell’s brand awareness, relevance, and product marketing performance.
- Translate business and marketing goals along with creative direction into on-brand creative ideas and designs.
- Oversee all phases of brand and product content development, from translating business needs to creative storyboarding and prototyping to ensuring assets produced support marketing goals. Projects will span brand and product marketing objectives and across still photography, videography, animation, illustrations, and web design disciplines.
- Create designs and layouts for creative assets to be used in online and offline marketing materials and company collateral.
- Responsible for managing execution and review of materials created by other creative team members during all project phases to ensure quality and alignment with desired outcomes.
- The ideal candidate has an artist’s soul combined with a worker’s compulsion to produce. We’re looking for someone who has successfully graduated the first phase of his/her career who has fine art sensibilities with a solid understanding of how creative supports business operations. You are someone who intuitively finds and maintains the balance between art and commerce.
- BA or higher degree with 7+ years of experience as a graphic designer or creative design related roles, 3+ years specifically as senior designer or producer.
- Must be self-motivated, hard-working, well organized, and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables.
- Must effectively provide and receive excellent constructive criticism, enjoying all aspects of the creative process.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately within all required aspects of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), prototyping tools, and productivity apps (Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, Google Apps).
- Professional skills and interest in photography, videography, motion graphics, illustration, and/or production design preferred.
- Knowledge of the theory and techniques required to compose and produce visual art with an aptitude and interest in sharing that knowledge.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services with an aptitude and interest in sharing that knowledge. Digital marketing and E-commerce experience preferred.
- Must be excited to manage and participate in collaboration with excellent ability to effectively communicate ideas visually, verbally, and in writing.
- Must have excellent organizational and time-management skills and be detail-oriented.