Since the 1960’s, the Japanese have been curators of the very best Made in the USA products. From Ivy League outfits to denim jeans to West Coast sportswear, American style has had a major impact on the look of Japanese society. In turn, Japanese tastes and an attention to detail embedded in the culture have influenced global trends.
At Birdwell, we’ve seen this cycle play out in a decades-long love for our products and the customization options we offer. A great example is the Japanese take on our classic competition jacket, where one of the most frequent customization orders we receive is a slight tweak on our original design. Rather than order standard issue navy or federal blue jacket with white stripes, Japanese customers prefer to forego the contrast stripe and opt for a tone on tone style.
In honor of the customization that’s been ordered more than any other from our Japanese customers, we are proud to introduce a new color way for our comp jacket - navy with navy stripes.
For over 50 years, the comp jacket has been the perfect layer for a morning surf check or an evening out. Cut and sewn by hand in Santa Ana, CA, with the same quality standards as our boardshorts, the comp jacket’s functional style has been even further refined with the navy on navy color way.
- Features: Body color and contrast stripes in navy. Brass zipper enclosure. Signature Birdwell wax pocket with key loop and interior drain hole. Button on cuff. Pre-washed for softness and a worn-in look.
- Fit: Birdwell jackets are designed to be slim fit. Order one size up if you prefer a looser fit.
- Fabric: Body and liner layers made of Birdwell’s proprietary 2-ply SurfNyl for durability and comfort.
- Construction: Double-stitched with high-strength nylon thread. Hand cut and sewn in Santa Ana, CA.
- Care: Machine wash on gentle cycle. Hang dry only.