All the style and features you love. 50% more stripe.
From the earliest surf club competition jackets to boards designed by master craftsmen like Weber and Jacobs, the three-stripe design has been a staple. Inspired to reimagine our jackets with a third stripe, we looked through our archives to find classic colorways that are as stylish today as the day they were originally issued.
The Limited-Edition 3 Stripe Competition Jacket includes all the features you’ve come to love in our Mens Competition Jacket, now with 50% more stripe. Cut from the same sail-inspired nylon and constructed with the same attention to detail as our board shorts, these light jackets are perfectly clocked to cut the wind on an early morning surf check or bring some classic surf style to a night out on the town.
The Men’s Comp Jacket holds true to the original design Birdwell created so many years back, with a slightly slimmer cut for a more modern fit. Just like our board shorts, every competition jacket is crafted from 2-ply SurfNyl and double-stitched for unbeatable durability by expert craftspeople in Santa Ana, California. While there are other light jackets out there, we doubt you’ll find another with this much history and classic surf style to back it up.
- Features: Contrast stripes. Brass zipper enclosure. Signature Birdwell wax pocket located on arm. Working buttons on cuff. Birdwell woven label on beck left hem. Pre-washed for softness and a worn-in look.
- Fit: Birdwell jackets are designed to be slim fit. Order one size up if you prefer a looser fit.
- Fabric: Body and liner layers made of Birdwell’s proprietary 2-ply SurfNyl for durability and comfort.
- Construction: Double-stitched with high-strength nylon thread. Hand cut and sewn in Santa Ana, CA.
- Care: Machine wash on gentle cycle. Hang dry only.